Friday, November 13, 2020

Instagram censors posts

Not to get too political, but Instagram is forcing me to comment. As a cancer patient I follow several cancer related hashtags on that app. I noticed that a lot of that content suddenly wasn't showing up in my feed and dug around to see why. Turns out that Instagram is censoring much of it to protect me from what they say is false election information!

Leaving aside the question of how a cancer hashtag has anything to do with politics, it's offensive to me that Instagram believes we are too stupid to make up our own minds about this or any other issue. Intelligent people should be able to read anything they want to and make their own decisions. How can we have an informed citizenry if our chosen apps silently treat us like children who need to be locked in an intellectual playpen?


 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive