Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Would you like my politics with that?

Text sent to Dairy Queen regarding my experience at DQ 0023 

Sirs,

When my wife and I arrived at the pickup window at the local DQ, I was dismayed to notice that the server was wearing a "Black Lives Matter" button prominently displayed on her cap.  Whether I believe BLM is a civil rights organization or a domestic terrorist group is beside the point.  Divisive political statements to your customers are bad for business.

It is jarring and off putting to have political ideology shoved in my face when all I want and expect is my milk shake or ice cream on a hot July day. 

Would you allow the server to display an NRA button?  How about one supporting the PLO?  Maybe JPFO would be okay with you? Where do you draw the line?

I usually enjoy DQ treats, but I will now forgo them to avoid the unwanted side order of politics with my food.  I find the two together give me indigestion.  My money will be spent on one of your competitors who more wisely keep their food unseasoned with the odor of politics.

No comments:

Blog Archive