Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pleasant obsession

Twas pleasant, twas amusing
strolling street to street.
We neither one knew anyone
we might on our walk meet.

Perambulating nowhere
down street names I forget
misty rain a'fallin'
we didn't mind the wet.

Twas pleasant, twas amusing
to take your hand in mine,
to stop and sniff a blossom
a'growing on a vine.

You found a four leaf clover.
We bought a book or two.
We heard a clock chime once or twice,
saw houses old and new.

The time we spent was pleasing,
a merry interlude.
And if we could repeat it,
I'd gladly give up food.

And I would give up water too.
And I would never thirst
for drink the way I crave your touch;
it's like my chest may burst.

I'd almost give up oxygen;
I'd try to hold my breath
for one more chance to hold your hand.
I scare myself to death.

For I want time run backwards.
And then I want it still.
Long enough while we embrace
that I can get my fill.

No comments:

Blog Archive